Personal Information We Collect
We collect your personal information in the course of providing TeleMeet Offerings to you.
Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information You Give Us: We collect any information you provide in relation to TeleMeet Offerings. Examples include: names, contact information and payment details.
- Automatic Information: We automatically collect certain types of information when you interact with TeleMeet Offerings. Examples include: network, connection, device, browser, location, authentication, error and logging information.
How We Use Personal Information
We use your personal information to operate, provide, and improve TeleMeet Offerings. Our purposes for using personal information include:
- Provide TeleMeet Offerings: We use your personal information to provide and deliver TeleMeet Offerings and process transactions related to TeleMeet Offerings, including registrations, subscriptions, purchases, and payments.
- Measure, Support, and Improve TeleMeet Offerings: We use your personal information to measure use of, analyze performance of, fix errors in, provide support for, improve, and develop TeleMeet Offerings.
- Comply with Legal Obligations: In certain cases, we may have a legal obligation to collect, use, or retain your personal information.
- Communicate with You: We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to TeleMeet Offerings via different channels (e.g., by phone, email, chat) and to respond to your requests.
- Purposes for Which We Seek Your Consent: We may also ask for your consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you.
- Recognizing you when you sign in to use our offerings.
- Keeping track of your specified preferences.
- Conducting research and diagnostics to improve our offerings.
- Preventing fraudulent activity.
- Improving security.
How We Share Personal Information
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling our customers' personal information to others. We share personal information only as described below subject to this Privacy Notice.
- Transactions Involving Third Parties: We make available to you services, software, and content provided by third parties for use on or through TeleMeet Offerings. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include: delivering TELEMEET hardware, sending communications, processing payments, assessing credit and compliance risks, analyzing data, providing marketing and sales assistance (including advertising and event management), conducting customer relationship management, and providing training. These third party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process that information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by applicable data protection law.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or services. In such transactions, personal information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the individual consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that TELEMEET or substantially all of its assets are acquired, your information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of Us and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce or apply our terms and other agreements, or protect the rights, property, or security of TELEMEET, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud prevention and detection and credit risk reduction.
- At Your Option: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Location of Personal Information
TelePresence Group LLC is located in the United States. Depending on the scope of your interactions with TeleMeet Offerings, your personal information may be stored in or accessed from multiple countries, including the United States. Whenever we transfer personal information to other jurisdictions, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by applicable data protection lTeleMeet.
How We Secure Information
At TELEMEET, security is our highest priority. We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
- We maintain a wide variety of compliance programs that validate our security controls.
- We protect the security of your information during transmission to or from TELEMEET websites, applications, products, or services by using encryption protocols and software.
- We follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling credit card data.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of personal information. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
Access and Choice
You can view, update, and delete certain information about your account and your interactions with TeleMeet Offerings. If you cannot access or update your information yourself, you can always contact us for assistance.
You have choices about the collection and use of your personal information. TeleMeet Offerings may include settings that provide you with options as to how your information is being used. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of certain TeleMeet Offerings.
- Account Information: If you want to add, update, or delete information related to your account, please go to the TELEMEET Management Console. When you update or delete any information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- Browser and Devices: The Help feature on most browsers and devices will tell you how to prevent your browser or device from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
Children's Personal Information
We don't provide TeleMeet Offerings for purchase by children. If you're under 18, you may use TeleMeet Offerings only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Retention of Personal Information
We keep your personal information to enable your continued use of TeleMeet Offerings, for as long as it is required in order to fulfill the relevant purposes described in this Privacy Notice, as may be required by law (including for tax and accounting purposes), or as otherwise communicated to you. How long we retain specific personal information varies depending on the purpose for its use, and we will delete your personal information in accordance with applicable law.
Contacts, Notices, and Revisions
If you have any concern about privacy at TELEMEET, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve the issue for you.
If you interact with TeleMeet Offerings on behalf of or through your organization, then your personal information may also be subject to your organization's privacy practices, and you should direct privacy inquiries to your organization.
Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice may also change. You should check our website frequently to see recent changes. You can see the date on which the latest version of this Privacy Notice was posted. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all personal information we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of personal information collected in the past without informing affected customers and giving them a choice.